Bloomsburg University seeks lasting partnerships with business communities through a useful certificate program that develops participants' decision making skills necessary for successful management, guided by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business’ learning outcomes for specialized graduate programs:
- application of knowledge in new and unfamiliar circumstances through a conceptual understanding of the specialization;
- ability to adapt and innovate to solve new problems;
- capacity to critically analyze and question knowledge claims in the specialized discipline.
The Certificate in Managerial Decision Making links the academic and corporate communities by providing a high quality applied program of study valued by its participants and their organizations. This online certificate program enhances the performance and career potential of individuals seeking to improve and refine their organizational decision making skills. Its focus is the development of requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to facilitate such growth.
This certificate program offers a rigorous course of study that encourages, develops, and confirms application of decision making theory and models and incorporates substantial software-learning opportunities. It will:
- enhance baseline reference knowledge in management theory and statistical analysis;
- ensure understanding of the data-to-information transformation using business research methodologies and quantitative models;
- develop expertise in identifying measurable, value-added solutions to organizational challenges through exposure to quality management principles and decision modeling;
- provide opportunities for applying newly learned knowledge, skills and abilities by means of a structured, interactive internship.